This is the primary mirror from Sir Isaac Newton’s original reflecting telescope. This small disc of metal – made from speculum – is an important part of history. The metal is an alloy of tin and copper with some arsenic thrown in. Discussed by Professor Martyn Poliakoff at the Royal Society, in London.
- Revealing the Role of Microbes in Controlling ContaminantsApril 3, 2015
- Development of Novel Sensing Materials and Chemical Sensors with Broad Medical ApplicationsApril 3, 2015
- The Ugly Truth About SnowflakesMarch 10, 2015
- Diagnosing Asthma with a Single Drop of BloodNovember 21, 2014
- Catching Cancer EarlyNovember 12, 2014
- Smart Bead Could Fix Aging PipelinesNovember 7, 2014